Our Site is not intended for children under sixteen (16) years of age. We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under sixteen (16) years of age. If you are under sixteen (16) years of age you may not use this Site and should not provide any information on this Site, register on the Site, use any of the interactive features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information we collect from your use of the Services that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law ("personal information"), or with regard to service companies: business name, logo, business phone and address; and/or
- that is about you or your entity but individually does not identify you, such as about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site or certain Services, or details of your visit to our Site
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
In addition to the information listed above, information we collect through our Services generally may include:
- Payment information that you may provide such as credit card information, billing address or other payment information.
- Professional Services purchased, provided or offered through the Services and other transactional history data of our users.
- Information provided when you report a problem with our Services or the related Professional Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including via email or text/SMS messaging.
- Usage data about how users interact with our Services, such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Location data from a user's mobile device if enabled by the user to do so.
You also may provide information to be published, uploaded or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Please note that by submitting a telephone number to Pro Valet, you agree that a representative of Pro Valet can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Like many websites, our Services may use "cookies" or other similar tracking technologies to collect information which will help us to improve the quality of our Services and to make it easier to navigate the Services. This information typically includes information about your computer or device and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, the computer or device's network name, and details of your visits to our Site or on our Services, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site or other Services. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, most computers allow you to change your browser setting to prevent acceptance of cookies. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies certain features or parts of the Services may not work properly. We do not use flash cookies or track users across time and across websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information (including personally identifiable information) we collect from or about you (including without limitation, through technologies described in the preceding two sections) primarily to provide better and customized Services, Professional Services offerings and customer service to you and other users of the Services. Pro Valet also collects and processes personal information in the following ways:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To identify you in order to provide customer service and support.
- To process credit card payments from you to pay for the Services and Professional Services.
- To transfer information about customers, service companies and service technicians to one another only as necessary to facilitate the provision of Professional Services from the service companies and technicians to customers using our Services and in accordance with the Product Agreements.
- To provide you with information you request through the Services.
- To customize, measure and improve our Services and the content and delivery of our Services.
- To assist you with managing your account and passwords.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To send notices to you about our agreements with you, the Services or your transactions.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any Services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
You may choose to exclude yourself from any mailings by contacting us.
We do not sell, trade or rent e-mail addresses to other organizations, or use or disclose them for marketing purposes, except as described below. We may generate e-mail for the following types of communication:
- Notification e-mail to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Relationship e-mail regarding any Service you order from us.
- Commercial e-mail or newsletter, which is sent to promote developments and articles of interest in our field (you may opt not to receive this type of e-mail).
- Correspondence from our staff as a result of a communication initiated by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or company, without restriction. In addition to the information shared among Pro Valet users above, we may also disclose your information to other third parties:
- That process payments facilitated through the Services.
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- For third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
- To auditors, contractors or other advisors auditing any of our business processes.
Additionally, to comply with legal requirements, cooperate with law enforcement, prevent fraud and other crimes, and protect the legal rights of Pro Valet and others, there are circumstances in which we may share the personal information we collect through the Services without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory requirements; to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the legal rights, property or safety of Pro Valet, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, independent contractors, licensors, suppliers, partners, successors, agents, and other users or the public in general or to protect your vital interests. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without providing notice to you.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal individual or company information you provided to us via the Services by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us to request access to, correct or delete any personal individual or company information that you have provided to us, either through the Services or otherwise. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Services users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Services for the respective type of Services, which are linked in the introductory paragraph of this policy.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights Section for more information.
Data Storage and Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have commercially reasonable standard measures in place to safeguard and secure information and data we collect through the Services. It is important that you understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or "hacker proof" and we cannot guarantee security of the information you submit to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. You are responsible for taking personal steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password from unauthorized use or disclosure and you acknowledge and agree that you are liable for any damage or loss caused by use of the Services under your password.
Contacting Us; Opting Out
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California's Shine the Light law.