It is no secret that employee health and wellness is a critical part of any company and one that can be the difference between success and failure. A healthy, productive workforce is essential to any business, yet so many companies still don’t invest in their employees’ health. In fact, many companies often think that they are doing enough as long as they provide health insurance. The truth is that there is so much more to employee health than just insurance.
The importance of health and wellness is supported by data, as reported by Shortlister.
- 66% of employers desire a mobile-first app for their employees
- Half of the employers (49%) would implement a wellness program through a third-party vendor
- More than half of employers are adding more niche “point solutions” such as diabetes management and mental well-being
- There is a growing demand for mental well-being programs, financial wellness, as well as behavioral health
- The demand for all-in-one vendor or piecing together point solutions is the same
- The top three issues that clients encounter when implementing multiple point solutions are communication, integration, and confusion
- Currently, 60% of organizations provide wellness initiatives
- Wellness trends that encourage employees to get up from their desks and move more throughout the day include providing fitness tracking bands (8%) and arranging fitness competitions/challenges (28%)
Indeed, the need for more health and wellness programs is clear and urgent. As the world becomes more competitive, businesses are under pressure to do more with less. This often means that employees are working longer hours and taking on additional responsibilities. While this may seem like a good way to increase productivity, it actually has the opposite effect in many cases. Studies have shown that overworked employees are more likely to make mistakes, experience burnout, and be less productive in the long run.
That’s where company wellness comes in. By investing in employee health and wellness, businesses can not only improve productivity, but also reduce costs and create a more positive work environment. Company wellness programs can include anything from on-site fitness classes to healthy food options in the cafeteria. The key is to find programs that fit the needs of your employees.
The three main benefits to implementing a company wellness program are:
- Improved productivity: A healthy employee is a productive employee! When employees have access to health and wellness programs, they are less likely to experience burnout or fatigue. This leads to increased productivity and fewer mistakes.
- Reduced costs: Healthy employees take fewer sick days and are less likely to experience injuries. This can lead to significant cost savings for businesses..
- Improved morale: When employees feel supported by their employer, they are more likely to be engaged and satisfied with their job. This leads to improved morale and a more positive work environment.
If you’re interested in implementing a company wellness program, there are three things to keep in mind:
- Start small: Don’t try to do everything at once! Start with one or two programs that fit the needs of your employees and grow from there.
- Make it flexible: Employees have different needs and preferences, so make sure your wellness program is flexible enough to accommodate them.
- Make it fun: Employees are more likely to participate in programs that are enjoyable and engaging. Find activities that fit the interests of your employees and make sure the atmosphere is positive and supportive.
The bottom line is that employee health matters, and company wellness can be a great way to improve productivity, reduce costs, and create a more positive work environment. If you’re interested in implementing a wellness program, start small and make it flexible and fun! Your employees will thank you for it.
To learn more about how to make your small business a success, contact us at 239-349-9400 or email [email protected]. Provalet.io, a powerful and simple software that helps you run your field service company. With its user-friendly interface, you can manage your business without relying on pens, paper, or binders. Keep your business organized and running like a pro with Provalet.io.
This ProValet.io Blog Post is Part of a Series Designed to Help Small Business Owners
Manage Their Field Service Software and Keep Their Business Running Like a Pro